Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Experiencing God-Unit 1 Week 1

Hello eLearners!

It's Wednesday. And, Wednesdays are always Day 1. Again, each Unit consist of a 5 day week and at the end of each week, we begin a new Unit. Please find below the Unit Title and Lesson Titles for our first week of studying Experiencing God together.

Unit One: God's Will And Your Life
Day 1: Jesus is Your Way
Day 2: Jesus is Your Model
Day 3: Learning to be a Servant of God
Day 4: God Works Through His Servant Part I
Day 5: God Works Through His Servant Part II

One of the very first statements you will read on the top left hand corner of Day 1 is that "As you follow Jesus one day at a time, He will keep you in the center of God's will." The next statement says, "Christianity is not merely a religion; it is a relationship with a Person." These 2 statements alone should encourage us and help us to know that being a Christian involves a step by step process and a on-going relationship with God. The author goes on to say that your intimate relationship with God, cultivated through prayer, meditation and study of the Word will be an indispensable part of this class.

Some of the expectations that the author has is that as a result of the study you will be able to-
  -Hear when God is speaking to you
  -Clearly identify His activity in your life
  -Believe Him to be and do everything He has promised
  -Adjust your beliefs, character and behavior to Him and His ways
  -Recognize a direction He is taking in your life and identify what He wants to do through your life
  -Clearly know what you need to do in response to His activity in your life
 - Experience God doing though you what only He can do

How important is it for you to be able to do any or all of these things listed above? Think about it, do you know when God is speaking to you and do you recognize when God is at work in a situation?

Weekly Forecast:
I encourage you to read Day 1 closely but let me warn you about Day 2! You need to read Day 2 REALLY CAREFULLY! Whew. When you read it you will know what I mean when I say, "The proper question is What is God's will?" Maybe like me, you weren't asking the right question. I really want to hear/read your responses to what you read on Day 2. On Day 3 get ready to answer some questions. You may need to set aside a little more time on this day so that you can complete everything. Day 4 is critical. Its when you are first introduced to the 7 Realities of Experiencing God. You may want to copy the page (my page is 21) and keep it with you. I'm going to touch on that this week. On Day 5, you may want to set aside a little more time to really dig in. This unit ends talking about Moses and there is quite a bit of things you need to cover and process.

One of the most powerful summary statements I read in Unit 1 which is found in the Day 5 reading on the far left side of the page is "I can't stay where I am and go with God." I'm telling you, if I just post that up somewhere visible and read it regularly, it will bless me each time. GO WITH GOD!! GO WITH GOD!! You can't stay where you are and follow God. You must identify where He is at work and join Him; accept His invitation. What summary statement resonated with you the most? I encourage you to share!

In closing, I think this is a good starting point and that you have enough information that can be accessed on-line until you can get to your book and read for yourself. I'll be posting things on FB from time to time and looking to read your comments and engage with you. Again, you can connect through our FB Group Page, you can comment on this blog, you can attend classes on-site and/or you can call into the Power Chat Conference Calls on Wednesdays at Noon, the number is 605-475-4850 Access Code 133575.

PS: I also have a number that you can leave me a Voice Mail or send a Text: 410-989-1539.

Let's Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment